The parade route has been confirmed for the 2023 Warburton Horse Festival Parade!
One of the undisputed highlights of the Scone Horse Festival, the parade will take place on Saturday 6th May, with marshalling from 8.00 am and commencing at 10.45 am, to conclude at approximately 12.00 noon.
During this annual parade you will see Kelly Street transformed into a colourful celebration of all things equine as school children, community groups and local businesses join forces to produce an eye-catching range of floats and entertainment. Based on our 2023 theme ‘Kings and Queens of the Stables’ the 2023 parade is one not to be missed!
The 2023 Parade Route
Due to proposed restrictions to one section of Kelly Street during the festival, the parade will take a different route from previous years. The parade will marshal at White Park for equine entries and along Guernsey Street and Kingdon Streets for non-equine entries.
- The Parade will travel westward along Kingdon Street to Hill street, turning into Hill Street at Scone Grammar School.
- The Parade will continue along Hill Street to Liverpool Street, turning right into Liverpool at St Luke’s Church.
- The Parade will then continue along Liverpool Street, across the railway crossing and turn right onto Kelly Street.
- The Parade will continue south to Kingdon Street, turn at the Thoroughbred Hotel and Coles Shopping Centre and travel back to Scone Post Office.
- Turning left at the traffic lights, the Parade will return to White Park and Kingdon Street via Liverpool Street and Guernsey Street.
As part of their annual Fete, Scone Grammar School will have external stalls trading along Kingdon Street between Hill Street and Aberdeen Street. This precinct will be closed to traffic for the duration of the Fete, from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
The following precincts will be closed to vehicle traffic from 8:00am Saturday 6th May 2023:
- Kelly Street, from St Aubin’s Street to Kingdon Street, inclusive.
- Kingdon Street, from Main Street to Aberdeen Street.
- Guernsey Street, from Liverpool Street to White Park.
- Hill Street, from Liverpool Street to beyond Kingdon Street.
- Liverpool Street from Hill Street to Main Street, inclusive.
Access to parking behind the retail outlets from Liverpool Street to St Aubin’s is via St Aubin’s Street or Susan Street. General through traffic will be diverted to Main Street for southbound, and Park Street and Gundy Road for northbound.
Parade entries – now is the time to finalise your float!
With less than three weeks to go – now is the time to finalise your float entry for the parade. Everyone is invited!